If you have been injured by someone else, whether this happens in a car or truck accident or during a medical procedure, it is important to have a skilled personal injury attorney on your side to help hold the people who hurt you accountable. If your injuries are the fault of someone else, they should be responsible for paying for the harm that they have caused. Personal injury law has many complicated rules and requirements to follow before you can obtain the compensation that you need. You should retain a skilled Conroe personal injury lawyer to help you get the recovery that you deserve. Attorney Ron Voyles can determine a strategic course of action for your case and make sure that your rights are vigorously asserted.Personal Injury Claims Based on Car Accidents
Texas is a “fault” state with regard to car accidents, so the person who is at fault for the accident is responsible for reimbursing the other party for their injuries, damages, and other related costs. Under Texas law, victims can be compensated for damages that have an objective financial value, as well as those that do not. For example, the at-fault driver (or their insurer) may be required to pay for medical expenses, lost income, vehicle repairs, and other costs. In addition, they may be responsible for things like pain and suffering, scarring or disfigurement, mental anguish, and other subjective injuries. A knowledgeable personal injury attorney in the Conroe area can help you present evidence of the non-tangible consequences of an accident so that the judge or jury can get the full picture.
Car accidents are not always cut and dry. Sometimes both parties may be at fault. As long as you are found to have 50% or less of the responsibility for the accident, Texas allows you to recover damages (minus the amount for which you were responsible). For example, if you have $100,000 in medical bills from an accident, and you are found to be 20% responsible for the accident and the other driver 80% responsible, the other driver will be responsible for $80,000 in costs.Pursuing Compensation for a Truck Accident
Truck accidents in Montgomery County and the surrounding areas are generally similar to car accidents in terms of how they are treated by the law. One common difference, however, is that the employer (along with the driver) may be liable when there is a truck accident. This is the theory of “vicarious liability.” Vicarious liability means that the employer is responsible for the actions of an on-duty employee. One way that this can play out is when a driver causes a crash while they were making a delivery for the employer, such as if they got distracted or fell asleep behind the wheel. This can be beneficial for victims because companies generally have greater access to funds than individuals, and accidents involving semi-trucks may be especially catastrophic and costly, causing injuries such as spinal cord injuries, brain trauma, amputations, and serious burns. Our Conroe personal injury attorney can help you determine the full range of parties whom you can bring into your case.Holding a Health Care Provider Accountable for Medical Malpractice
Medical malpractice claims are based on a doctor, nurse, hospital, or other health care provider acting incompetently or negligently in some way, such as by making a surgical error, misdiagnosing a patient, or failing to refer a patient to a specialist. There are complex laws that govern when these claims can be brought and the type of evidence that you need to prove them. For example, you almost always will need a medical expert to testify on your behalf about the defendant’s deviation from the applicable standard of care.Contact a Skilled Personal Injury Lawyer in the Conroe Area
One issue that all personal injury cases have in common is that there are strict statutes of limitations, which restrict the time period in which you can pursue a claim. That is part of the reason why it is important to contact an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible after an accident or the discovery of potential medical malpractice. Ron Voyles and Associates represents people in Conroe, Magnolia, Montgomery, Oak Ridge North, Spring, Shenandoah, The Woodlands, Willis, New Caney, Splendora, and other areas of Montgomery, Walker, Grimes, Madison, and Leon Counties. Contact us today for a free consultation online or at 936-524-9800.